Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Walmart 4/19/11

Tuesdays are now officially my shop at Walmart day of the week.  Now that they double coupons up to a max. discounted price of $1.00 per item I got some stuff for free and Walmart actually paid me to take some other things out of the store!  So cool!!!
The chart below summarizes my savings from the trip. The items with a coupon of ex. $.50 that aren't doubled are because the coupon was actually for $1 off 2 of the product but I broke it down into two different line items to make the chart easier to read. (Same with the gum, it was $1.00 off two, and the medical supplies $1.50 off two, so they didn't double)

My bill would have looked a lot better if I didn't buy the cereal... that added a lot of expense.
That's right, they paid me to take the string cheese, tuna, and ketchup out of the store, and the mustard I got completely free. How sweet is that!?!?!

4 comments:


lydia said...
Wow, awesome haul Jordie! I fell asleep with Kate....didn't make it out. Lame, I know. Why didn't they double your gum coupons and all the .75 ones up to a dollar? Just curious. Also, I'm cracking up that you are taking a hobby that is SO time consuming and upping it by scanning your coupons and making fancy spreadsheets. Hmm, you must not have kids yet. ;) LOVE IT!
Marie said...
One thing I really like about your couponing is that it's not all shampoo, toothpaste, etc. I swear some people stock up on that stuff just to say that they saved money and then never actually use it.
the Villamor's said...
I agree w/ Marie....i have a friend who has hoards of drug store items(toothpaste and soap)...all for free but you can't eat body wash! This couponing takes a lot of thought and time and i want to have something I can eat at the end of the trip!!
leela said...
Good job. I wish I had read your post before I went to Walmart. I somehow misunderstood the doubling up to a dollar concept. I thought they doubled a coupon up to 1 dollar more in value, not that it was coupon + doubling does not exceed $1. So I ended up buying a bunch of stuff that I didn't need. Ha ha. I was a fool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment